Why lithography matters
This year De Monsterkamer organizes three Expert Meetings on the themes of bookbinding, lithography and book production. The next meeting on May 4th is about lithography.
In this Expert Meeting Sebastiaan Hanekroot from Colour & Books shares with you his strong belief in effective visual communication and he will give you some easy to apply insights on color management and image toning.
- Date: 04/05/2017
- Time: 16:00 - 19:00
- Location: De Monsterkamer
- Speaker: Sebastiaan Hanekroot (Colour & Books)
- Organiser: Esther Krop en Justina Nekrašaitė
- Costs: 25 euro
Many of us take pictures all the time. Some use expensive equipment, many don’t and just use their phones. Most of these images are mere registrations of moments in our lives or digital notes of things we need to remember. So what they look like, what their expression is, is of little importance. We leave that to the camera software.
But what if it does matter what the exact expression of an image is? Then we can’t leave it to something we can’t control. We need to turn this image into the exact atmosphere and expression we want it to have. How to do this effectively, within your own style?
- 15:45 Gathering
- 16:00 Introduction to image toning and print preparation. Introduction to colour management and how to set up a predictable workflow.
- 17:00 Break with drinks and snacks
- 17:30 Audience can get feedback on prints they bring. Explanation of basic techniques that will help improve the result of photographic postproduction. Sebastiaan will bring many examples both digital and in print.
- 18:30 Drinks
- 19:00 End
In his practice as an image developer, lithographer and book producer Sebastiaan Hanekroot works precisely on this. As a lecturer Digital Workflow at the photography department of the KABK (Royal Academy of art in The Hague), he discusses the behavior of images on screen and in print with aspiring professional photographers. Much of that results in photo books and art books.