G.F Smith presents: The World’s Favourite Colour Project
- Date: 13/03/2019
- Time: 16:00 - 18:00
- Location: De Monsterkamer
- Costs: Free entrance, with € 10,- deposit at registration
- Speaker: Jutta Birkenhauer
- Organiser: G.F Smith and Christiaan Janssen
The World’s Favourite Colour Project is a world-wide investigation of the psychology of colour. The study is conducted by Colorplan and published by G.F Smith.
In 2017 a large group of designers participated in a survey to assess what the most favoured colours would be. Do men have a different taste in colour compared to women? Is the preferred colour in Australia different from Japan? Do people from the Nordic countries prefer warm tones during a long and cold winter?
Jutta Birkenhauer from G.F Smith in Hull will present the outcomes of this project. She has accompanied the internationally successful Colorplan initiative from its beginnings. It now boasts of 51 shades in paper and board, available in 8 envelop sizes and (brand new!) as a self-adhesive product in 15 shades. Colorplan is made in Europe and stocked globally, from China to the USA.
- 16:00 Welcome and drinks
- 16:25 Introduction by Christiaan Janssen
- 16:30 Jutta Birkenhauer: The World’s Favourite Colour Project
- 17:30 Get to know Colorplan, envelopes and self adhesive labels
- 18:00 Drinks and sandwiches
Participation is free but we ask you to confirm your participation by paying a deposit of €10. We will send you a payment link for this. At the meeting we will return your €10 in cash. We do this to ensure no food wastage and sufficient space for the event. If you cancel after 11 March 2019 or don’t show up, we will transfer your € 10 to a charity.